Monday, April 13, 2015

R.I.P Mrs.Dubose

In my town, Mrs. Dubose is one of the meanest ladies ever.She would always torment Scout and I. There was this one afternoon where I lashed out on Mrs.Dubose. This is because she was disrespecting Atticus and called him  "nigger lover" because Atticus defends colored clients. I raged and destroyed all her camellias. Atticus found out and as my punishment I had to read to her everyday. It was pretty boring because it was just me reading to and old sick lady. I read to her for a while and she would always correct me. A few days later Mrs.Dubose died. Atticus had told me that she was a morphine addict causing her to be ill. Atticus comes home with a box and it had a white camellia in it. Atticus told me that It was a way for her to tell me that everything is going to be okay.I was pretty upset that she died and felt bad for disrespecting her. It was not right for me to destroy her flowers. Now that I think about it I should of thought before I acted.

No comments:

Post a Comment